How to Study in Canada Without IELTS
Canada University without IELTS 2023: Canada has a variety of international student programs, including some of the most prestigious universities. That’s why a lot of students are drawn to studying in Canada. But, one of the most important prerequisites for pursuing master’s or undergraduate, postgraduate courses in Canada for students from abroad is IELTS. This is a complete guide if you’re wondering which universities to look for in Canada that do not require IELTS.
The Possibility of Studying in Canada with or without IELTS
Canadian universities consider various factors in assessing the English ability of students who want to pursue studies in Canada. Therefore the answer to the query, “can I study in Canada without IELTS?” is yes. From different test scores to the LORs provided by former academic institutions, There are numerous options to study in Canada without the IELTS. In addition to these possibilities, numerous universities look at students from English-speaking countries exempt from the IELTS test.
The Best Options to Study in Canada without IELTS
Canada University without IELTS 2023: Canadian universities provide undergraduate, graduate, and advanced degrees to students from abroad, with various options for the IELTS. Therefore, students who wish to travel to Canada without IELTS can submit their applications,
- Evidence of attending the English middle school for at least four years before applying for admissions.
- If the applicant is from an English-speaking country, like the US, UK, Australia, and many more, They can be considered as a candidate for admission with no IELTS test in Canada.
- Many universities have an in-house English language program for students who still need to provide English proficiency tests.
Other English Proficiency Tests except for IELTS
Many Canadian universities permit students who have passed different English tests to take degrees. Canadian universities will accept students from non-native English-speaking nations who possess a language proficiency certificate. IELTS is among the most popular English testing tests for proficiency. However, there are other tests too. But if you’re curious about the tests and what they are, here’s a list.
- TOEFL(Test for English as a Foreign Language)
- PTE(Pearson English Language Test)
- Duolingo English Test
- CAEL(Canadian Academic English Language)
- CanTest(Canadian Assessment of English for Trainees and Scholars)
Universities to Study in Canada without IELTS
Canada University without IELTS 2023: We now know that various requirements must be met to be admitted into Canada with no IELTS. Let’s look at the top universities that provide admissions without IELTS. Here’s an overview of the best institutions that allow admission to Canada without the IELTS test:
- Brock University
- Cambrian University
- Okanagan College
- Concordia University
- Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Carleton University
- McGill University
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Winnipeg
In 1964, the university was established at Saint Catharine’s, Ontario, Canada; Brock University had huge funding from Niagara and Niagara regions. It is affiliated with Canada’s Universities in Canada, the International Association of Universities, the Association of Commonwealth Universities as well as Canadian University Press. Brock University ranks 1000 and 2000 on the QS Global World University Rankings. Admission conditions
- Senior secondary or high school educational proof of eligibility for admission
- Twelve years of driving marks in academics
- The minimum requirement is B.
- The TOEFL has an aggregate score of 88 and no band scoring lower than 21.
- IELTS Score 6.5 without a band lower than 6
- Duolingo test scores that are at least 100
- A score of 70 on CAEL, and no band has scored less than 60.
- A score of PTE is 58.
Cambrian University was founded in 1967 in northern Ontario and offered over 80 fully-time, full-time bachelor’s and master’s degrees. It also offers more than 902 part-time classes on topics such as Accommodation and Human Rights Business Analytics, Cybersecurity, Human Resources Management, International Business Management, IT Business Analysis, Mobile Application Development, and many more. Admission prerequisites
- Academic certificates/transcripts translated by organizations in Ontario.
- Scores for TOEFL/PTE/IELTS determined by the college that is part of Cambrian University
Okanagan College is one of the best Canadian colleges, with Penticton, Kelowna, and Vernon campuses. This college is an excellent choice for students who wish to pursue a degree in Canada with no IELTS. It accommodates more than 15,900 students, with every class with 18 seats. You will get an excellent education in your master’s degree and bachelor’s program. Admission conditions
- High school or secondary transcripts
- English proficiency tests for language for TOEFL, Duolingo, and other tests
- Photocopy of passport that is valid and visa
- The application form includes all the necessary documents and the fees.
Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador
Nearly 19,000 learners from more than 100 countries take advantage of attending Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador. The school boasts more than 1,000,000 alums from all over the globe. More than 450 scholarship awards are awarded yearly; it’s an excellent choice. The admission conditions
- Minimum of 3 years of studies in a Medium English school
- 30 credit hours of English in a secondary school
- The successful completion of the in-house intensive English program
- CAE that has a minimum of 176 points
- CAEL score 50-60
- TOEFL has at least a score of 79.
Student Visa for Canada with no IELTS 2023
Canada University without IELTS 2023: If you’re looking to pursue your studies in Canada, the essential document to have is a Student visa. One of the primary documents required for visa applications is your test results for various English testing tests for proficiency. Beyond that, you’ll need to provide the following documents to the immigration authorities of Canada to obtain an IELTS-compliant student visa:
- A valid passport and a valid visa
- Acceptance letter from the institution to which the student is applying
- Proof of financial support (Enough money to finance your studies)
- Documents are needed to open a Canadian bank account in your name.
- Acknowledgment letter from student loan
- Statements from banks
- A draft for convertible money is available from the bank.
- The proof of payment for accommodation and tuition charges
- Note of acknowledgment from the organization that sponsored the scholarship
- A medical certificate or police proof from the home country
You can work for Canada without IELTS
Foreign nationals who want to perform work in Canada require visas, which are also known as work visas, also known as work permits. There are two types of work permits you can apply for:
- Work permits for employers with specific requirements
- Openwork permit
If you have an employer-specific work permit permits you to work in Canada under the supervision of the organization. If you have an open working permit, you can collaborate with any business or organization in Canada. If you want to try to stay clear of IELTS, There are several solutions. First, you must be extremely skilled and get express entry into Canada by obtaining an employment permit. The other is to select an institution that does not have the requirement to pass IELTS.
Canada University without IELTS 2023: Additionally, you’ll get the opportunity to apply for a work permit within 180 days following the conclusion of the university program to apply for a job permit. The option to study at a university is appealing because it allows students to complete their studies and get a shot at a working permit. But studying in Canada indeed comes with costs. Therefore, it’s only simple with financial assistance. Here’s a list of scholarships you could apply to in Canada for financial assistance.
List of Scholarships available in Canada
The typical cost for a degree within Canada in a degree program is between 2000 CAD and 19,000 CAD. A bachelor’s degree can be as high as 22,000 CAD. And for the MBA, the cost can be up to 40,000 CAD. Therefore, there’s no doubt that you’ll require a scholarship program to fund your studies. This is why we have compiled a list of the top scholarship programs available in Canada:
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program (CFSP)
- CIFAR Global Scholars program
- Mitacs Elevate
- McCall MacBain Scholarship
- Jeanne Sauve Public Leadership Program
- Trudeau doctoral scholarship
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS)
- Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP) Scholarships
- Canada-ASEAN Scholarships
How can LeapScholar assist students studying at universities in Canada in Canada without IELTS?
Canada University without IELTS 2023: The entire process, IELTS alternative tests, visa applications, finding the best university, and so on, is difficult for any student. But luckily, you can use LeapScholar. An all-in-one solution to everything you need to know about studying at a university in Canada with or without IELTS until 2022. The question is, what do you need to know? LeapScholar provides comprehensive guidance for finding university applications, visa application support, scholarships, and financial counseling.
Additionally, our mentorship program includes helping students achieve high scores on the IELTS and other tests. It also assists you by guiding finding employment and improving your abilities. Therefore, book your consultation today and let LeapScholar assist you in achieving the Canadian goal!