Visa Sponsorship, Truck Driver Job in Canada 2023
Truck Driver Job in Canada
Recent research suggests that 48,000 truckers working long-haul could decrease the number of truckers in Canada by 2024. This is excellent for truckers as it could offer a fantastic chance for those who want to relocate to Canada to do this work.
There is a need for the Canadian Long-haul Truck Driver market, which continues to be sought-after. The Canadian government supports all these advancements, providing visas to foreign workers who want a career as truckers in Canada.
Truck Driver Job in Canada with VISA Sponsorship
We will look at the steps you need to follow to become a truck driver in Canada. This will let you understand what you need to do to get visa-sponsored work for foreigners.
- Canada has a broad range of truck driver jobs. This includes permanent, full-time overtime, weekend, night, and evening shifts.
- A degree equivalent to secondary school is preferable but is optional to be eligible for this job.
- While it’s useful, the skills required for driving heavy-duty are optional.
- It is vital to know how to communicate primary and practical English.
- The position requires accreditations, licenses, certifications, and other certifications.
- An active driver’s permit (Class 1A B, A, or Class 1) is required.
- Trucking and Equipment Types: Flatbed, Refrigerated/Highway, Tractor-trailer, Flatbed, or Highway truck (or 10,000 lbs+ with 3+ Axles).
- Security and safety include a necessary security check, including a criminal background check, an official driving record (abstract), a medical examination, and, in the ideal scenario, an alcohol test.
- Information on transportation and travel Planned travel across Canada in Canada and across the United States. Are willing to travel during the day, night, or at night, and even during the night and travel long distances.
- Candidates must be legally licensed to work in Canada for additional requirements to operate long-haul vehicles.
- Ability to operate and drive straight or articulated trucks for the transportation of goods as well as other objects.
- Loading and unloading cargo. Utilizing tarps and the need to ensure the safety of cargo.
- The ability to plan your route.
- Atlases, as well as other planning tools, should be readily available for planning your travel plans.
- Get the information you need and forward the information directly to central dispatchers.
- The ability to drive in convoy or as two people in a group.
- It is also essential to examine the car’s conditions, including the brakes and tires, cold storage, and other components.
The Top Training Programs In Canada to assist truck driver Job Opportunities
Truck Driver Job in Canada: Here’s a list of the most well-known programs that will help you find work as a truck driver in Canada by sponsoring your visa
A provincial program that trains Canadian truck drivers is available within British Columbia.
Long-haul trucking jobs are now available for full-time, permanent jobs. This is typical for people in the entry-level semi-skilled category in British Columbia. There are over 400 opportunities for employment. Long-haul truck drivers can stay in British Columbia for the rest of their lives. Learn more about immigration in British Columbia by visiting their website at https://www.immigration.ca/british-columbia-immigration/.
Quebec is the most popular region for the local driver’s job market, offering 837 job postings on the current job listings. Based on the Quebec government’s official website for jobs, there are plenty of job opportunities as truck drivers have been rated “excellent” on their platform.
Access the Quebec website at https://www.immigration.ca/en/quebecimmigrationprovincial.html.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Employer Job stream and In-Demand Skills stream also included the code NOC 7511 for truck drivers on July 19, 2019.
Truck drivers with an offer of employment from Ontario may be able to pursue a path to permanent residency in Canada. Learn more about immigration at https://www.immigration.ca/en/ontario-immigration.html.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program provides more than 500 job opportunities for truck drivers traveling long distances. Truck drivers can submit applications to the Alberta Opportunity Stream and Alberta Express Entry.
Employers seeking to recruit truckers in Manitoba must follow this Federal Labour Market Assessment for temporary foreign workers. The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program allows employers to hire outside LMIA provided they meet specific standards, including adherence to labor laws and recruiting efforts.
Visit the Manitoba immigration website at https://www.immigration.ca/en/manitoba-immigration.html to discover more.
Newfoundland and Labrador
The province is situated within the Canadian region in the Newfoundland and Labrador province.
The NLPNP’s 2025 Labour Market Outlook report highlights the trucking industry as a job that requires a substantial number of immigrants to fill the need for work. Trucking businesses must submit applications to become certified employers in the Express Entry and Skilled Worker stream.
Saskatchewan Immigration offers a separate category of Long-Haul Truck Drivers for Canadians who are currently in Canada and have an active work permit. This position is also available for those who fall under the Express Entry or Occupations on Demand categories. Each draw is targeted at specific areas of study.
Drivers of transport vehicles (NOC 7511) are among two occupations targeted specifically through Nova Scotia’s Occupations On-Demand stream. The program lets drivers be granted permanent residency.
The program lets applicants apply for a job as a truck driver in Canada by securing a visa.
Canada Truck Drivers’ Wages
The pay for truck drivers is comparable to national and provincial averages.
Statistics Canada and job bank statistics show that the median wage that truck drivers earn is less than the median for all positions in Canada. However, it can rise to more than $8 an hour in certain circumstances and reach as high as $32 per hour.
As expected, the salaries of truck drivers are likely to rise as demands on truck drivers rise shortly.